Tuesday 13 May 2014

CROSSROADS

Crossroads are a wonderful place to be because you have so many options. You can go forward, return the way you came, or go in a new direction, either to the right or to the left.
Crossroads aren’t always welcome, though, because they force people to make decisions, and that can be an uncomfortable process. Especially in the case of major or potentially life-changing decisions, no one really likes the hard work of thinking and praying the matter through, the soul-searching involved.
I use the crossroads of life to help some people come to terms with mistakes or wrong turns they’ve made, and to give them a chance to get going in the right direction. For others who haven’t been off track, it’s a chance to go in a new direction that will make them even happier and get them farther in the long run. For yet others, it’s a time to confirm that they’re going in the right direction, so they can continue with the vigor that renewed conviction brings. Whatever the case, whenever someone comes to a crossroads, it’s an opportunity, because if they ask Me which way they should go, I’ll show them.
You can’t fail as long as you’re looking to Me and are open to whatever road I have for you. Maybe it will be something you’ve never done before. It might even be something you’re afraid to do. Or it could be the same thing that you’ve done for years. Whichever road I ask you to take I will also equip you for, even if you don’t think you have what it will take right now. As you take a step in the direction I’m leading you, I’ll give you what it takes. If you need more faith, I’ll give you more faith. If you need more courage, I’ll give you more courage. If you need more love, I’ll give you more love. If you need more strength or perseverance, I’ll give you those things. Step by step, as you follow Me, I will continue to do that. Whatever you need for your journey, I’ll give you that.
So instead of being afraid of those crossroad signs, you can look forward to them with anticipation, knowing that I’m by your side to instruct you and guide you and help you. I know your heart, and I know where you will be happiest and most fulfilled. If you don’t know where that is, just ask Me to point you in the right direction and start walking. I am always with you, no matter where you are and what you’re doing. I’m right beside you each step of the way. As you learn to hear My voice in your mind, pointing the way, you’ll really make progress. I love you, and I’ll never fail you.
—Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment